now browsing by tag
Shackell Transport, The Variety Bash and Fuel Tank Protection for Car No. 49
The Variety Bash is Australia’s largest (and favourite!) motoring event with participants travelling to rural parts of Australia that they would otherwise not see, at the same time raising money for disadvantaged and special needs children. Throughout the Bash, participants visit local towns, stopping into the schools to visit the kids (some schools only having 5 students!). Bashers get to see the smiles of the kids they’ve helped and provide the schools with equipment to assist student’s development and education.
“Our car No.49 is a 1968 Ford Falcon sedan stock standard 221 C1 (3.6 litre) 6 cylinder engine with a 3 speed column shift manual gearbox” said Bob Shackell from Shackell Transport, “We have raised the suspension for clearance and run all terrain tyres”
The Variety Bash is an amazing motoring event for pre-1974 cars. The logistics to feed about 350 people, three times a day at three different venues and sometimes in remote areas, along with the route planning 5,000km mostly substandard dirt roads, through national parks, forestry and private properties, that would be suited to mainly four wheel drive, is incredible. Then there is the roadside repairs, broken suspension, shocky mounts ripped out, broken axles, radiators, fuel tank and tyres all welded, soldered, plugged, patched and repaired on the side of the road by the owners or the mobile workshops that travel with us.
Rhino Lined Fuel Tank Protection Handles the Harsh Aussie Environment!
While most cars carry a range of spare parts or borrow from someone else to keep moving, there is a part you simply can’t carry, the fuel tank, which cops a lot of stone and rock damage. While most times the leak can be fixed, you can’t replace the lost fuel when you’re in the middle of nowhere. After a couple of years with fuel tank damage, we approached the team at Rhino Linings to provide a solution. Rhino took up the challenge with enthusiasm and treated our fuel tank with their (Rhino) TUFF STUFF protective lining. Our car has since completed 4 Variety Bashes and the bottom of the fuel tank is unmarked and looks like it has just been treated.
I can only imagine how beneficial Rhino TUFF STUFF protection would be for the 4WD market and equipment operating in severe conditions.
Shackell Transport Pty Ltd
Thank’s Bob, we really appreciate your testimonial and wish you the best of luck with the upcoming Berowra to Bowen Variety Bash, August 21-30, 2016.
For those interested in learning more about the Variety Bash or wanting to make a donation to Variety the children’s charity visit their website at www.variety.org.au
In 2013, Peter Morgan from Rhino Linings Australasia Head Office gave a highly successful presentation on the advantages of polyurethane and pure polyurea to fellow and leading industry members of the Australian Corrosion Association.
POLYURETHANE ELASTOMERIC COATINGS FOR MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE
Peter explained what polyurethane is, the advantages of using it, including how to select the right product for the required application, whether that be for drinking water tank linings, industrial tank liners, thickener tanks, channel linings, ponds, dams or secondary containment applications.
He also went through case studies of typical applications for both elastomeric polyurethane and pure polyurea coatings.
Peter’s presentation was well received resulting in the creation of valuable networking opportunities and stronger brand awareness for future business relationships.
We thought we would share his presentation with you in an effort to provide a greater understanding of Rhino Linings approved applicator capabilities and our premium protective coating systems.
For more information on Rhino Linings products and capabilities, or if you are looking for your nearest Rhino approved applicator, contact head office by emailing email@example.com or phone +61 7 5585 7000 to speak with your Rhino Linings State Sales Manager.
We look forward to answering any questions you may have.
Rhino Shine Ultra was developed to bring the colour and shine back to a Rhino Linings spray applied ute tub and truck tray liners. It can even be used on a newly sprayed liner to help it look great longer.
Rhino Shine works well because it treats the surface where any UV damage is occurring. It is available in five colours – graphite, flame red, emerald green, indigo blue and black – making it a great alternative to the UV Top coats.
Rhino Shine Ultra also comes in a clear coat that will add shine to any ute liner.
APPLYING RHINO SHINE ULTRA
Successfully applying Rhino Shine Ultra can be accomplished in these three easy steps:
- Clean the existing Rhino Lining – sweep or blow out all the big stuff, then scan the tray for oils, grease and wax spots. Remove any remaining contaminants using a cleaner or degreaser.
- Tape and mask off all the edges – you want to avoid getting Rhino Shine on painted areas, as it will stick and leave marks. We use masking tape to mask along the rail (if applying over the rail) and in the tailgate areas. You can skip taping and be extra careful with the paintbrush, but it really only takes a few minutes to tape off the perimeter of the truck bed. These extra few minutes will actually allow you to apply Rhino Shine faster and greatly reduce the change of “colouring outside the lines” 😉
- Brush or spray Rhino Shine Ultra on bed liner – the Rhino Shine is best applied with a paintbrush (or a HVLP spray gun if you have one). Avoid applying in direct sunlight. Whether you spray or brush it on, coat the three walls first, then make your way backward down the floor and finish with the tailgate.
With one 16oz bottle, you would be able to cover one ute.
Rhino Shine dries quickly, although cold temperatures or high humidity will affect your drying times. It’s still much faster than the UV Top Coats which can take hours to dry, plus the liner will retain much of its non-side surface.
Rhino Shine Ultra ready does bring an old Rhino back to like-new condition.
Rhino Shine Ultra is available from our Rhino Online store
Rhino Linings sprayed-on linings form a seamless blast protection providing exceptional structure integrity before, during and after a blast
It’s no secret that Rhino Linings has made a name for itself World Wide with its tough, long lasting ute bed and truck tray linings, but now these spray applied linings can be found protecting the lives of men and women deployed in strategic military locations throughout the world.
While many know of Rhino Linings for our superior protective solutions in the automotive, commercial and industrial markets, we has been quietly expanding our products and services into the Military with some amazing results.
Rhino Linings Australasian head office and manufacturing plant located on Queensland’s Gold Coast has been producing the US Military approved Rexar range of protective linings that have for over 20 years been used in composite amour for vehicles and structures. In addition the Rexar range of products can be found providing corrosion, abrasion, blast protection and blast mitigation solutions in military personnel carriers, helicopters, fleet vehicles, radar towers, bridges, airports, tank skins, field hospitals and mobile communication structures.
Independent testing conducted by New Mexico Tech Energetic Material Research and Testing Centre (EMRTC), proved that Rhino Linings Rexar successfully passed blast mitigating capabilities required for Government facilities.
EMRTC’s testing involved a reaction structure made of up two identical concrete block rooms side by side. The front wall of one structure was lined with the Rhino Linings Rexar product and the other was left in its standard concrete state. A blast was produced in front of the structures simulating a terrorist’s car bomb. During the blast the Rexar was successful in preventing the lined wall from becoming lethal shrapnel. The blast completely demolished the unprotected structure sending lethal shrapnel everywhere within the interior of the structure. The Rexar lined wall flexed under the force of the blast but returned to vertical and remained intact and standing firm.
With the increased measures by Governments around the world to find effective ways to combat terrorism, Rhino Linings is proud to provide a solution that has the capability to protect soldiers, citizens and structural assets.
Rexar provides a huge leap forward in anti-terrorism technology and one that will provide very immediate and tangible benefits for military personnel, equipment, embassies, courthouses and other structures where inhabitant protection is an issue.
Rhino Linings – the experts when it comes to bund lining and waterproofing solutions
When it comes to bund lining and waterproofing, do you have issues with moving concrete substrates, liquid seepage, EPA bunding regulations or just a need to further protect your floors, landings, car parks and concrete tanks?
Rhino Linings can provide superior spray applied protective solutions for all bund lining and waterproofing requirements.
Spray applied and seamless, a Rhino Linings waterproofing membranes totally eliminate potential weaknesses associated with other “joined” membrane products.
With the ability to bond to virtually any surface and the ability to transcend multiple substrates – the possibilities are truly endless.
With Rhino Linings products being a spray-applied polyurethane or pure polyurea, there are many advantages versus other products including:
- The products flexibility: Polyurethanes and polyureas move with your substrate and will not crack warp or peel.
- Cost Saving: Being spray applied to any thickness in one application, costly down time is significantly reduced compared to sheet lining and high build paint products ultimately saving you money.
- Instant Curing: Products are virtually instant curing so can be sprayed at any angle to totally encompass your application or were overhead coverage is required.
Rhino Linings is the manufacturer of the application equipment and of the products used. This places us in a prime position to provide answers to your various requirements when it comes to waterproofing, containment, protection from vehicular traffic, impact, abrasion and corrosion from our suite of products, which are all designed to perform in differing environments.
Rhino Linings products are environmentally friendly. They are solvent free, contain no V.O.C’s and even conform with stringent USA EPA regulations.
Additionally, select Rhino coating products have been certified for use in potable water applications and are AQIS accepted.
FAQs on Rhino Linings… Ute Liners or RhinoTub liners
The Rhino ute liner is the brand most asked for by name when potential customers are making enquiries about ute tub and truck tray liners. Other questions can include the following:
Does Rhino come in Colours?
- Yes, Rhino comes in 8 standard colours that can be introduced at the gun head eliminating pre-mixing, waste and costly flushing and colour change over time. For more information on colours download the Rhino TS Colour Chart
How Important is Colour to the Ute Lining Market?
- Our experience at Rhino is that 95% of all customers are happy with black.
- The 5% that want colour are catered for with our 100% aliphatic top coats or our pure aliphatic urethane systems.
Does Rhino Fade?
- All Aromatic urethanes will lose their “gloss” but Rhino products are 100% UV stable their mechanical performance is not altered.
- Rhino has a treatment called RhinoShine Ultra that will restore gloss quickly and easily. Rhinoshine Ultra is available for purchase from our RhinoOnline webstore.
How Thick is a Rhino liner?
- Rhino Liners are a minimum 0f 4mm on all floor areas and 2mm on all side walls. Rhino is NOT a paint.
- Rhino can be applied to any thickness in just one application – no multiple coats saving time.
How Long Does it Take to Apply a Rhino Ute Liner?
- As a general guide an average ute bed can be completed in 2 ½ – 3 hours from start to finish and returned to the customer within 30 minutes of being sprayed.
Can You Roll on Rhino?
- No. Rhino is not a paint product it cannot be brushed on, rolled on or sprayed on using standard paint application spray equipment.
- Products that can be rolled on or brushed on must be carried in solvents and Rhino contains no solvents as it is 100% solids and requires proprietary application equipment to apply.
Can I do It Myself?
- Rhino Linings polyurethanes are spray on. Even if you have spray equipment, the Rhino product hardens within 10-12 seconds. So the two components are mixed at the tip and not in the tank. Unless you have the proper spray equipment, you will foul your lines and tank with a thick, hardened and impenetrable Rhino filling.
Can Fibre additives be Incorporated into Rhino?
- Yes they can but we see no need for this as even our military applications do not require the addition of Kevlar fibres to meet required physical characteristics.
- We do not believe there are any significant benefits to a ute bed customer of incorporating fibre additives to a ute bed lining.
Do Rhino Ute Liners Come with a Warranty?
- The nationwide warranty program reinforces Rhino Linings reputation for producing the longest lasting, most durable spray ute liner in the world.
- The Rhino Linings Australasia Nationwide Warranty system covers:
- Automotive applications only
- Rhino TUFF STUFF only
- Cracking, peeling, warping for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle.
- If you have a warranty claim, simply take your vehicle to your nearest Rhino Linings dealer, along with your warranty certificate, for inspection.
Want to know more about Rhino Ute tub and tray linings?
Give us a call at Head Office on 1300 887 780 and speak to our sales manager. Alternatively we can put you in touch with your local Rhino Linings approved automotive applicator.
Rhino Linings is the leader in sprayed-on linings and coatings for trucks, trailers, boats, jeeps, RV’s, Vans and specialized applications.
Rhino Linings spray on ute liners, the #1 brand Rhino Linings Tuff Stuff polyurethane has been providing vehicles with a thick layer of protection for under the most rugged conditions. The unique flexible and textured surface reduces cargo slippage and will not crack, warp or peel even under temperature extremes.
But, when it comes to tonneau covers, canopies and other fittings do you know what Rhino Linings spray on ute liners option is most suitable for your vehicle?
Why Get a Rhino Lining spray on ute liner?
Rhino Linings, the sprayed-on lining, outperforms all typical rubber and vinyl mats, and gives your vehicle real protection. Unlike a vinyl or heavy rubber mat, the Rhino liner does not need to be removed to be cleaned. Because rubber and vinyl mats can be removed, dirt and waste can migrate below and cause extensive damage to the floor beneath. With the Rhino liner’s permanent bond to the floor of the vehicle; not even moisture can collect underneath. A Rhino liner stands strong against the damaging effects of oil, gas, acid, solvent and animal waste that cause rubber mats to rot or soften.
Benefits of a Rhino Linings Spray on Ute Liner
- Out performs all drop in liners and high build paints.
- Dampens road noise in vehicles.
- Prevents rust & corrosion.
- Slip resistant surface keeps loads in place.
- High impact and abrasion resistance.
- Will not tear, split or warp.
- Permanent, airtight & watertight protection
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.
With the features and benefits of Rhino Linings spray applied polyurethanes you will find that Rhino Linings is much more than just a ute liner ……