Spray on liners
now browsing by tag
Rhino Shine Ultra was developed to bring the colour and shine back to a Rhino Linings spray applied ute tub and truck tray liners. It can even be used on a newly sprayed liner to help it look great longer.
Rhino Shine works well because it treats the surface where any UV damage is occurring. It is available in five colours – graphite, flame red, emerald green, indigo blue and black – making it a great alternative to the UV Top coats.
Rhino Shine Ultra also comes in a clear coat that will add shine to any ute liner.
APPLYING RHINO SHINE ULTRA
Successfully applying Rhino Shine Ultra can be accomplished in these three easy steps:
- Clean the existing Rhino Lining – sweep or blow out all the big stuff, then scan the tray for oils, grease and wax spots. Remove any remaining contaminants using a cleaner or degreaser.
- Tape and mask off all the edges – you want to avoid getting Rhino Shine on painted areas, as it will stick and leave marks. We use masking tape to mask along the rail (if applying over the rail) and in the tailgate areas. You can skip taping and be extra careful with the paintbrush, but it really only takes a few minutes to tape off the perimeter of the truck bed. These extra few minutes will actually allow you to apply Rhino Shine faster and greatly reduce the change of “colouring outside the lines” 😉
- Brush or spray Rhino Shine Ultra on bed liner – the Rhino Shine is best applied with a paintbrush (or a HVLP spray gun if you have one). Avoid applying in direct sunlight. Whether you spray or brush it on, coat the three walls first, then make your way backward down the floor and finish with the tailgate.
With one 16oz bottle, you would be able to cover one ute.
Rhino Shine dries quickly, although cold temperatures or high humidity will affect your drying times. It’s still much faster than the UV Top Coats which can take hours to dry, plus the liner will retain much of its non-side surface.
Rhino Shine Ultra ready does bring an old Rhino back to like-new condition.
Rhino Shine Ultra is available from our Rhino Online store
FAQs on Rhino Linings… Ute Liners or RhinoTub liners
The Rhino ute liner is the brand most asked for by name when potential customers are making enquiries about ute tub and truck tray liners. Other questions can include the following:
Does Rhino come in Colours?
- Yes, Rhino comes in 8 standard colours that can be introduced at the gun head eliminating pre-mixing, waste and costly flushing and colour change over time. For more information on colours download the Rhino TS Colour Chart
How Important is Colour to the Ute Lining Market?
- Our experience at Rhino is that 95% of all customers are happy with black.
- The 5% that want colour are catered for with our 100% aliphatic top coats or our pure aliphatic urethane systems.
Does Rhino Fade?
- All Aromatic urethanes will lose their “gloss” but Rhino products are 100% UV stable their mechanical performance is not altered.
- Rhino has a treatment called RhinoShine Ultra that will restore gloss quickly and easily. Rhinoshine Ultra is available for purchase from our RhinoOnline webstore.
How Thick is a Rhino liner?
- Rhino Liners are a minimum 0f 4mm on all floor areas and 2mm on all side walls. Rhino is NOT a paint.
- Rhino can be applied to any thickness in just one application – no multiple coats saving time.
How Long Does it Take to Apply a Rhino Ute Liner?
- As a general guide an average ute bed can be completed in 2 ½ – 3 hours from start to finish and returned to the customer within 30 minutes of being sprayed.
Can You Roll on Rhino?
- No. Rhino is not a paint product it cannot be brushed on, rolled on or sprayed on using standard paint application spray equipment.
- Products that can be rolled on or brushed on must be carried in solvents and Rhino contains no solvents as it is 100% solids and requires proprietary application equipment to apply.
Can I do It Myself?
- Rhino Linings polyurethanes are spray on. Even if you have spray equipment, the Rhino product hardens within 10-12 seconds. So the two components are mixed at the tip and not in the tank. Unless you have the proper spray equipment, you will foul your lines and tank with a thick, hardened and impenetrable Rhino filling.
Can Fibre additives be Incorporated into Rhino?
- Yes they can but we see no need for this as even our military applications do not require the addition of Kevlar fibres to meet required physical characteristics.
- We do not believe there are any significant benefits to a ute bed customer of incorporating fibre additives to a ute bed lining.
Do Rhino Ute Liners Come with a Warranty?
- The nationwide warranty program reinforces Rhino Linings reputation for producing the longest lasting, most durable spray ute liner in the world.
- The Rhino Linings Australasia Nationwide Warranty system covers:
- Automotive applications only
- Rhino TUFF STUFF only
- Cracking, peeling, warping for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle.
- If you have a warranty claim, simply take your vehicle to your nearest Rhino Linings dealer, along with your warranty certificate, for inspection.
Want to know more about Rhino Ute tub and tray linings?
Give us a call at Head Office on 1300 887 780 and speak to our sales manager. Alternatively we can put you in touch with your local Rhino Linings approved automotive applicator.
Rhino Linings is the leader in sprayed-on linings and coatings for trucks, trailers, boats, jeeps, RV’s, Vans and specialized applications.
Rhino Linings spray on ute liners, the #1 brand Rhino Linings Tuff Stuff polyurethane has been providing vehicles with a thick layer of protection for under the most rugged conditions. The unique flexible and textured surface reduces cargo slippage and will not crack, warp or peel even under temperature extremes.
But, when it comes to tonneau covers, canopies and other fittings do you know what Rhino Linings spray on ute liners option is most suitable for your vehicle?
Why Get a Rhino Lining spray on ute liner?
Rhino Linings, the sprayed-on lining, outperforms all typical rubber and vinyl mats, and gives your vehicle real protection. Unlike a vinyl or heavy rubber mat, the Rhino liner does not need to be removed to be cleaned. Because rubber and vinyl mats can be removed, dirt and waste can migrate below and cause extensive damage to the floor beneath. With the Rhino liner’s permanent bond to the floor of the vehicle; not even moisture can collect underneath. A Rhino liner stands strong against the damaging effects of oil, gas, acid, solvent and animal waste that cause rubber mats to rot or soften.
Benefits of a Rhino Linings Spray on Ute Liner
- Out performs all drop in liners and high build paints.
- Dampens road noise in vehicles.
- Prevents rust & corrosion.
- Slip resistant surface keeps loads in place.
- High impact and abrasion resistance.
- Will not tear, split or warp.
- Permanent, airtight & watertight protection
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.
With the features and benefits of Rhino Linings spray applied polyurethanes you will find that Rhino Linings is much more than just a ute liner ……