The Advantage of a Concrete Driveway
Concrete driveways offer an affordable, attractive and reasonably low maintenance solution for your home. New colours and applications of concrete can add many design details to create stunning additions to your home’s exterior.
Concrete offers you an opportunity to get creative. You can lay concrete slabs in interesting patterns to add interest or use texture or pattern by applying moulds once the concrete is poured and is drying. New colour options allow you to match your driveway to the exterior detail of your home from garage doors to shutters. You can create diamond shapes; alternate colours along the sides with a lighter colour running down the middle or do a solid colour leading up to your home. The design options are endless and some homes even incorporate their concrete driveways into their landscaping scheme adding concrete planters, walkways and retaining walls.
Advantages of Concrete
There are many advantages of using concrete for your driveway including:
- Concrete is low maintenance especially when Concrete sealers are applied at the time of installation. You can then work on a plan to reapply concrete sealers with your concrete company to keep it looking good and helping to resist staining.
- Concrete is probably the longest lasting material you can use in your driveway. It is crack resistant for years and unless you have unwieldy trees whose roots may cause damage, you can look to your concrete driveway lasting for many years to come.
- Concrete also stays quite cool compared to a dark surface such as asphalt.
- Concrete is aesthetically pleasing as it creates a clean, unified surface.
- Concrete is designer friendly available in a wide array of colours.
- Concrete is an easy surface for snow removal and can be shovelled or even ploughed with little fear of damage.
If you are looking for a new driveway for your home that offers low maintenance with a long lasting and attractive appearance, concrete is the perfect answer.
Latest posts by Nathanael Vanderkolk (see all)
- Food Grade Epoxy Coatings - October 21, 2013
- Epoxy Coatings For Food Manufacturers - September 29, 2013
- The Ease of Cleaning Epoxy Makes Supplies Nearly Obsolete - September 26, 2013