The Benefits of Concrete Coatings for Your Garage Floor
Concrete coatings offer protection to your garage floor and Polyaspartic coatings offer the added benefit of one-day application and a higher tolerance for extreme temperatures. This means you don’t have to wait forever to get back in your garage, nor do you have to wait for the perfect temperature during either extremely cold or hot weather for ideal application conditions.
Benefits of Polyaspartic Coatings
Here are the benefits of using a polyaspartic coating on your garage floor:
- These coatings will not yellow and are 100 percent UV protected.
- They offer high resistance to oil, grease and chemicals.
- They are stain resistant.
- They offer very little offensive VOC’s.
- They are scratch and abrasion resistant.
- They are beautifully clear.
- Hot tire pick up will not cause issue with this coating.
- They are impact and abrasion resistant.
- Faster cure rate means less chance of bubbling.
- Very well absorbed by concrete for better durability.
This is a very high gloss, slick surface. You will want to request an anti-slip aggregate be added for safety purposes. If you are using a paint chip feature the surface will be a little less slippery, but any concerns of slick floors are best addressed with the non-slip addition.
Although it is a garage floor depending on how you feel about your garage you can also request special colour and paint chip features to enhance the look of your floor and finish. This will also add a little more texture and more abrasion for a safer surface.
If you are ready to apply a new surface to your tired garage floors Polyaspartic coatings offer a quick, affordable option that will have you back in business in a day.
Latest posts by Lance Meredith (see all)
- Hewey Life Rafts - September 15, 2016
- Protective Coatings for Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats - August 29, 2016
- Food Grade Epoxy Coatings - October 21, 2013